Born in Israel in 1944, David lives and works in Tel Aviv. He has been a senior lecturer at the Visual Communication Department at the Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem, since 1976. David has operated his own studio in Tel Aviv, since 1975, specialising in various aspects of visual communications, with particular emphasis on culture and politics. He has a particular interest in the history of Israeli design, publishing his Lexicon of Israel’s ephemera of the 50’s in 1996.
He has curated several Israeli design exhibitions for the Tel Aviv Museum of Art and the Eretz Israel Museum, Tel Aviv. David’s work has been included in the permanent collections of museums in Israel and abroad, with solo exhibitions held in Israel, France, Japan, China, Germany, Poland and Russia. David has received numerous awards for his work, including the Israel Prize Laureate in 2002. He is also a member of the Alliance Graphique International.