NewStar Design Awards 2018 launches in China with the aim of discovering the most outstanding design concepts from emerging designers, from around the world, in the categories of Product Design and Built Environment. In keeping with the aim to closely align with local industry expertise in Dali Town, Foshan we have also chosen two special project categories for 2018 in the areas of Underwear Design and Designing with Aluminium.
We encourage product design concepts in all categories incuding:
- Domestic Appliances and Accessories
- Fashion and Lifestyle Accessories
- Housewares and Objects
- Garden appliances, garden tools and garden equipment
- Babies and Children
- Sport and Leisure
- Automotive and Transport
- Furniture and Lighting
- Heating and Cooling
- Industrial equipment, machinery and automation
- Medical and Scientific
We encourage Concepts in Built Environment Design in all categories including:
- Residential Architecture
- Commercial/Office Buildings
- Cultural and Educational Buildings
- Medical and Health
- Tour Design (what is this)
- Transportation Buildings
- Industrial Buildings
- Interior Architecture
- Interior Design
- Landscape Design
- Urban Planning
- Garden Design
Dali Town Aluminium
We are seeking original concepts where aluminium has been applied in innovative ways in all areas of application including:
- Home wares (sports & leisure, computer & electronics, fashion)
- Lifestyle (lighting & interior, furniture)
- Architecture & Construction
- Transportation (air, rail, road & water)
- Production Techniques, Tools & Machinery
- Sculpture and Art
We encourage design concepts that will enhance the technology and transform the underwear industries in Yanbu across all categories including:
- Healthcare underwear
- Smart Bra
- Sports Bra
- Men’s Underwear
- Display and packaging
- Innovative textiles
Conditions of Entry
- Entrants must be no older than 30 years.
- Entrants must be students or within two years of graduation.
- Entrants can only enter work that is original and that you have the right or authority to enter and publish.
- Only student work will be accepted. Absolutely no “Professional” work can be submitted that was completed at a studio or as part of freelance paid work.
- Entry is free
- Group entries are permitted. But one person must be nominated to attend the final defense and receive the award if successful.
Entries close 20 May 2018.
See full submission process details here.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The Designer retains ownership of all ideas and materials/images entered into the award.
- The designers will allow Ideas on Design, its assignees, licensees to publish the Designer’s work online and in print in relation to Ideas on Design NewStar.
- For full Terms and Conditions – please see the 91 Ant New Star Design Awards Legal Note
Degree of Originality and Innovation (45%)
- Is the concept new or does it supplement an existing product with a new quality?
- How is the product different from existing products in the market? Is the product needed and does it add value for the user?
Aesthetic quality (20%)
- Is the product appealing in appearance?
Realisation potential (10%)
- How likely is it that the product could realistically be manufactured or built in the future 5 years?
- Does the concept, fulfill all requirements of handling, usability, safety, and maintenance?
Emotional Benefit (10%)
- Will the user gain enjoyment beyond simply practical application when using this product?
- What is the benefit of the product beyond its function?